Made in Germany from 100% medical grade silicone. Unlike most other brands of menstrual cup, the Merula Cup is designed in such a way that it does not need to be completely open after insertion. As long as the edge has opened, the cup itself can be worn in a folded state, while still providing leak free protection.
The exterior of the Merula is completely smooth, with no top rim. This makes it more comfortable for women who experience discomfort from other ‘rimmed’ cups.
The unique ladder stem can be easily trimmed and allows for easier cup removal.
Finally, the lesser vacuum level of the Merula makes this cup suitable for any pelvic floor condition, whether weak or very strong.
- Made from 100% medical grade silicone that is free from chemical additives like plasticisers or animal-based ingredients
- Can be successfully worn in a folded up state
- Suitable for weak or strong pelvic floor muscles. Strong pelvic floor muscles will not cause the Merula to lose its shape
- Smooth exterior with no upper rim
- No holes in the rim that require cleaning
- Trimmable ladder style stem, making it suitable for medium to high cervix (Portio) height
- One size fits most
- Includes a cute matching cotton storage bag
The Merula XL is NOT recommended in the following situations:
If you have a very low cervix (Portio) or,
if you feel your vagina is exceptionally “tight”
In these cases, this cup may be too big for you and you may be best to consider the Merula Cup ‘one size’