Super Simple Spaghetti Bolognese
Everyone loves a good spag bol recipe, and yes we all do it just a little bit differently. Here’s our easy go to that the kids absolutely DEMOLISH every time!
Gluten free, Wheat free, Dairy free, Egg free, Nut free, Coconut free, Legume free, Crustacean free, Fish free
About this Recipe
I’ve been making spaghetti bolognese for the family since I started making it way back in Cooking Class at high school! This particular recipe has had some serious work done to it over the years, but it’s definitely one of the favourites that seems to find its way in the rotation every week.
Super simple, just whack everything into the pot and simmer – you can’t really mess it up! Plus, you can add some sneaky veg in here by steaming and pureeing it and stir through before serving.
You can thank me later 😉
- 1kg regular mince [beef, veal, pork, turkey or a mix]
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 jar Passatta [tomato puree]
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes [I use the preherbed ones with basil and oregano but you can just add these in yourself]
- 2 tsp tomato paste or pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cups safe stock
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 finely grated carrot (optional)
- 1 finely grated zucchini (optional)
- Pasta or spaghetti [Buon Tempo is our go to] cooked al dente
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Brown the mince at medium heat until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the onion, carrot and zucchini if using and cook for 2-3 minutes until onion has softened.
- Stir through the tomato paste and passata. Then add the stock.
- Bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and simmer covered for at least 30 minutes but up to 90 minutes, adding more liquid if necessary. The longer you cook it, the stronger the flavour.
- Serve over hot spaghetti or stir through penne pasta.